Li Chung (Sandi) Pei is a co-founder of PEI Architects, formerly Pei Partnership Architects. Over nearly four decades he has been involved in more than fifty projects worldwide ranging from educational facilities, laboratories, and museums to commercial office buildings, hotels and residential projects. Initially working with his father, the renowned architect I.M. Pei, Sandi played a leading role in such award-winning projects as the MIT Arts + Media Technologies Facilities, Cambridge, MA (1982); the Creative Artists Agency Headquarters, Beverly Hills, CA (1989); and the Bank of China Tower, Hong Kong (1990).
Beyond his work at PEI Architects, Sandi is respected for his public service and contributions to the profession. He enjoys a sustaining interest in the arts and serves on Christie’s Advisory Board and as Vice President of the International Council of the Museum of Modern Art. A frequent lecturer, his speaking engagements include the Building Museum in Washington, DC; AOA (Associacion de Oficinas de Arquitectura) in Santiago, Chile; the International Marmomac Stone Fair in Verona, Italy; the Integral Conversation Forum in Guilin, China; the World Architectural Congress in Shanghai, China; and The Harvard Graduate School of Design. He has been a juror of international competitions and institute award programs in Seoul, New York, Chicago and Hong Kong, and a design critic at architectural schools in the U.S. and abroad. Mr. Pei has been an active member of the New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and served for several years on its Board of Directors.
Sandi Pei holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree mcl from Harvard University and a Master’s Degree in Architecture from the Harvard Graduate School of Design.
Some of his notable projects include the following:
- · Bank of China Head Office Building, Beijing, China
- · Suzhou Museum, Suzhou, China
- · Embassy of the People’s Republic of China, Washington, DC
- · Dancing Water Theater in Macao, China
- · BMW Beijing Xingdebao 5S Dealership, Beijing, China
- · 2221 Yonge Street, Toronto, Canada
- · Bank of China Tower in Suzhou, China
- · China Heritage Building Renovation, Hong Kong, China
- · Flushing Creek Mixed-use Development, Flushing, Queens, NY
- · Lan Su Chinese Gardens Cultural Center in Portland, OR
- · Bank of China Haikou Jiangdong International Financial Building, Hainan Province, China
- · Fuzhou Three Lanes and Seven Alleys.Guanglufang Hotel, Fuzhou, China
- · Wenzhou Commercial Tower, Wenzhou, China
- · Bank of China Towers, Guangxi Branch, Nanning, China
- · Bank of China Shanghai Free Trade Zone Mixed-use Development, Shanghai,